Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Sisters by Chance - Friends by Choice (Scrapbooking Project)

For this project, we were asked to use scrapbooking paper to create a scrapbook page of a memory. I chose a picture of my family's barn and a picture of my sister. My favorite childhood memories were with my sister, and we often played in the barn; therefore, I thought these pictures would make a good scrapbook page. The quote "Sisters by Chance, Friends by Choice" titles this piece because both my sister and I are adopted. Therefore, we truly are sisters by chance and friends by choice. This project uses some elements and principles of design, such as line, movement, space, balance, and color. I used stickers and pictures as well as paper to create this project. An extension activity for this project would be to have students write a paragraph that explains the thoughts behind the page for an English class.

No comments:

Post a Comment